South Africa is in the middle of a strike which has entered into its second
week and is turning pretty violent at the moment.
Seabourne has had 4 trucks badly damaged and two drivers that have been
seriously manhandled . We have had as of today a 65% turnout on labour and
fortunately holding out for the time being .
Fuel shortages are unfortunately going to be our next problem with many
Petrol stations not having Diesel at the moment .The frequency of violence
is expected to increase as the unions press on harder on their demands .
Government has fortunately finally started to try to mediate .
Many main areas have become "no go" zones due to the violence they are as
* East London -no deliveries taking place
* Johannesburg -central ,East Rand ,South Rand and Olifantsfontein
* Cape town - violence around airport and Epping
* Durban -Pinetown ,Westmead
* Port Elizabeth -sporadic outburst
* Pietersburg (Polokwane )-no deliveries for two days
We would ask you to inform your customers on possible delays due to the